Monday, February 28, 2011

My Time - part 1 - save paper

I was gathering my ideas for a layout and realized I was going to by layering a lot of paper for the photo mat.  To save some of the paper for a later date, I cut out the inside like this:

- I determined how much paper was going to be shown and the amount needed for adhering it.  Then I marked where I wanted to cut.  I placed the trimmer blade on these lines and cut the inside of the frame only.


- At the end, I have 2 pieces.  The frame and the inner scraps.


- I cut out the other pieces I needed the same way.  Then I adhered the layers together.


-Then I added the photo.


Now I have a layered photo mat frame AND more matching scraps to use on this or any other layout.

1 comment:

  1. great paper saver tips, would help make your LO's a little lighter too. TFS!

    ReplyDelete